ENGLEWOOD – The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) Business Professionals of America (BPA) held the second quarter meeting on November 1, 2023. This month’s meeting featured various activities, including one-minute speeches by each BPA program, a trivia game to get better acquainted with MVCTC BPA advisors, and an enlightening panel discussion with distinguished military veterans.
The afternoon’s highlight was a panel discussion featuring a group of esteemed military veterans. The panelists include:
- Tom Kielbaso – U.S. Army Combat Engineer with three years of service and an illustrious career in Program Management and Business Development Facility, holding the distinction of inventing four worldwide patents.
- Robert Puesey – U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant (Retired) with an impressive 30-year service record, the last five of which were stationed in the Pentagon as the Cyber Systems Career Field Manager.
- Mark Pride – U.S. Air Force Major (Retired) with 25 years of service, serving as the Deputy Director of Program Control New Generation Tanker in his final position.
- Jon Koonce – U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant (Retired) with a distinguished 30-year career serving as an Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Superintendent.
The panelists shared their insights on pursuing a career in the military, discussed what Veterans Day means to them, and reflected on how military life lived up to their perceptions. This invaluable discussion offered students a unique opportunity to learn firsthand from those who have served our country.
2023-2023 BPA Chapter Officers are:
- President – Avery Brewer (Media & Video Production/Miamisburg)
- Vice President -Courtney Benton (Media & Video Production/Northmont)
- Secretary – Za’Raya Lehman (Medical Office Management/Huber Heights)
- Treasurer -Nicholas Stewart (Computer Networking & Cybersecurity/Miamisburg)
- Public Relations – Ian McConachie Computer Networking & Cybersecurity/Tri-Village)
- Parliamentarian – Zane Wiley (Business Ownership/Vandalia-Butler)
- Advisors – Pat Carlisle and Zach Gueth
About MVCTC Business Professionals of America:
The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) Business Professionals of America (BPA) is a student organization dedicated to developing its members’ leadership, communication, and business skills. It provides a platform for students to explore their potential and pursue careers in business and related fields.
For more information about MVCTC and its ongoing initiatives, please visit www.mvctc.com.
The MVCTC is a leading educational institution that provides premier educational choices and advanced employment preparation for youth, adults, and organizations. MVCTC has proudly served the Miami Valley since 1971 and offers a wide range of programs that prepare students for successful careers in various fields, including Veterinary Science.