Greenville police blotter


Dec. 10, 3:13 p.m.: Police were dispatched to the 100 block of W. Harmon Dr in reference to a trash complaint. Upon arrival, police located trash, destroyed toys, and discarded items on the east side and front porch of the house. The items were not in any sort of trash bins. They spoke to the resident, Justin Rike. Rike was advised of the trash complaint and given a trash notice form. On 12/19, officers went back to the residence to see about the progress made at the property. Upon my arrival, police noticed a few items picked up but not much. To avoid any confusion they made contact again with Rike and described the tires, broken toys, empty boxes, cans, broken bed frame, and wood that needed to be placed in containers or removed from the property. Justin was given another five day trash
notice. Police sent an email to the Safety Service Director regarding this incident.


Jan. 4, 6:47 p.m.: Police responded to the police department in reference a theft that occurred in Greenville. Upon arrival, they spoke to the complainant and victim Pierreana Williams. The victim stated she is in the process of moving into the 400 block of West Fourth Street. The victim said one of the items that she moved was a black American Tactical Omni Max AR-15 style gun. The victim said that the last time that she saw the gun was on Dec. 30, 2022 at approximately 8 p.m. The victim said the gun was in a basket in the kitchen. She said her boyfriend, Jerry Desca was also with her and helped her move the items. The victim said on 1/1/23 her god-mother, Regena Barnes, went to the house to move a washer and dryer. The victim stated that BArnes told her that the gun was still there when she left. She then returned to the house at approximately 6 p.m. on 1/4/23 and noticed that the gun was missing. The victim said there are no cameras in the house that would have captured the incident. The victim also stated that Barnes was the only other person that had the key code to get into the house, and that nobody else was at the house while she was gone. The victim filled out a victims rights form and a statement regarding this incident. The weapon does not have any distinguishing marks or any additional accessories. The gun had a 30 round magazine and was fully loaded. It was also entered as stolen. They spoke to Barnes in reference to the weapon. Barnes said she was there on Sunday to watch a moving company install a washer and dryer. Neither Williams or Barnes could recall the name of the moving company. She stated that she did not take the gun, and that she did not see the gun while she was at the house. Barnes stated that she has not been back to the house because the victim stated that she did not want her around the kids. Photos of the gun were provided and will also be attached to the report and be placed into the briefing log. None of the houses surrounding the residence have any cameras, and the victim stated that there were no signs of forced entry into the house.


Jan. 6, 4:18 p.m.: Police responded to 1301 Wagner Avenue, McDonald’s, in reference a subject passed out in a vehicle. Upon my arrival, officers observed a Maroon Dodge truck parked in the second parking spot from the south entrance into the parking lot. Upon approaching the truck, they observed it to still be running, and a female, later identified as Michelle Mendenhall, passed out in the drivers seat. They also observed a marijuana pipe on the center console in plain view. Officers knocked on the drivers side window to wake Mendenhall. Mendenhall stated that the marijuana pipe was her friends and that she was waiting for the friend to return. Police had Michelle step out of the vehicle, Mendenhall was then placed into the backseat of a cruiser while myself and officers searched the vehicle. Due to Mendenhall admitting to smoking Marijuana, her being passed out behind the wheel, and also the fact that the vehicle was parked outside of the marked parking spot lines, she was asked to submit to standardized field sobriety testing, which she consented to, and later failed. Michelle was placed under arrest in handcuffs, and transported to the Greenville PD. Mendenhall gave a urine sample to prevent tampering. The sample was sealed and will be sent to the lab for analysis. Mendenhall cited for Physical Control, and issued a copy of her citation. Mendenhall was released to Kinita Crumley. The backseat of my cruiser was checked before and after transport with nothing located.

Jan. 8, 12:23 a.m.: Police were dispatched to the 200 block of Euclid Avenue in reference to a welfare check. Prior to their arrival, dispatch advised that the complaint stated that Chelsia Wintrow, was at Tolly’s Bar and she may have possibly left her children alone
inside of the residence. The complaint advised that Wintrow has two children with one child being 5 years old and the other being 8 years old. The complaint advised that she’s left her children alone inside of the residence before. Upon arrival, officers knocked on the front door to the residence which was locked. They could hear a T.V. on inside of the residence. Police continued to knock on the front door and then used a door bell located next to the front in an attempt to get an answer at the front door for several minutes. Police then looked through the front window of the residence and could visualize a young child that was sleeping on the couch inside of the living room. Dispatch attempted to call Wintrow’s
cellphone but got no answer. Dispatch made contact with an employee at Tolly’s via telephone, and they advised that a female matching Wintrow’s description had left just left the bar with an unknown male subject. A male subject approached the police while they were outside, and he identified himself as Andrew Godwin. Godwin stated that he had drove his pickup truck over to the residence to check on Wintrow, as she had called him because someone was knocking on her front door and she had asked him to come check on her. Police told Godwin to have Wintrow come to the door so they could check on the welfare of the children inside of the residence. Godwin called Wintrow and she stated to him that she was going to bed and wasn’t coming to the door. Police walked back to the ally and noticed a red 2007 Chevrolet Silverado parked in the yard of the residence just off the ally. They noticed a female subject in The pickup truck had it’s headlights on and it was still running. Officers made contact with Wintrow who was sitting in the driver’s seat inside of the running pickup truck. Police had Wintrow shut the pickup truck off and she rolled down her window. As Wintrow rolled down her window they could immediately smell the odor of an alcoholic beverage coming from her breath, and noticed that Wintrow’s speech was slurred and that both of her eyes were glossy. Officers asked Wintrow if there was an adult with the children inside of the residence. Wintrow then stated that there was no children inside of the residence. She stated that the children were with the Grandma and Grandpa. Police then had Wintrow exit the vehicle. When Chelsea exited the vehicle she began to stumble and it was difficult for her to keep her balance. She was subject to several sobriety tests, which she failed. She was transported Wintrow to the Greenville PD where she was read and shown the BMV 2255 form which was witnessed by P.O. Kiryluk. Officers then asked Wintrow if she was willing to submit to a breath alcohol analysis which she refused. Wintrow was released to Trevor Keiser in the Greenville PD lobby. As officers were with Wintrow at the Greenville Police Department, more officers made entry into the residence with Andrew Godwin. Police noticed that no adult was with the children inside of the residence but that the children checked okay. Trevor Keiser then arrived at the residence with Wintrow. Police will attempt to make contact with Tolly’s bar for video surveillance for possible Child Endangerment charges for Wintrow. The backseat of my cruiser was checked before and after transporting Wintrow and no contraband was located. This report will be forwarded to the Darke County Children’s Services.


Jan. 8, 5:46 p.m.: Police were dispatched to the 100 block of West Main Street in reference to property turned into the Greenville PD. Upon arrival officers were informed by dispatch that a black Alacatel Cellphone was turned in by Ryder Elson who stated he found the phone in the yard of his property at the 100 block of Surrey Lane. The cell phone had no indication of an owner and was place into property for safe keeping at the Greenville PD.